If a young person is eligible for social care support, then social care funding may form part of the options that are available when considering their route onwards from 16+. Any young person with a disability (or their parents or carers) can request an assessment of their social care needs.

Surrey County Council's Transition team directly supports young people known to the Children with Disabilities (CWD) team from the age of 18 to 25, as they move from children's to adults' services. The team is aware of the level of needs (low, medium and high) of young people coming through the transition phase to become adults. The SEND Post-16 team works with the Transition team in a joined-up manner to ensure both social care and education needs are considered in good time.

Our Local Offer

Information about all the services available in Surrey for children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) aged 0 to 25 and those outside of the county that Surrey County Council is also responsible for can be found on www.surreylocaloffer.org.uk.


Related Sites

Surrey Local Offer - contains information about services relating to special educational needs, disabilities, education & moreSEND logo


Family Voice Surrey - Giving Surrey parents a strong collective voice, a forum to share knowledge and empowerment to improve Family Voice Surrey Logoopportunities for our children